Oz Comic-Con Fashion Show - Melbourne
The Oz Comic-Con Fashion Show is a celebration of aspiring designers that unleash their inner geek in the form of couture fashion and everyday attire. This event showcases fashion inspired by popular culture or individual characters to create a unique look for your everyday geek!
This event is ideal for aspiring designers with a spark for popular culture and is open to any amateur designer (Any professionals or companies will not be eligible to enter). Entrants will be asked to create their own unique design and showcase it on the runway at Oz Comic-Con!
What can I expect?
In the application, you will only be required to submit a design. Your design can be hand drawn or done digitally – it just needs to translate what you plan on making for the event. You will also be asked to provide references as to where your inspiration has come from. Entrants are done on a first come first serve basis and the application will close if entries fill prior!
On the day you will be required to sign. At that time you will also be given instructions on where to go for marshalling etc., as well. The Fashion Show will take place on the Sunday of Oz Comic-Con.
What are the rules?
- A team/group of people (2 people max, one designer, one craftsperson) are permitted to enter one design as a group, however, companies and commercial entities are not permitted to enter. Please contact Michelle if you are a company that would like to be involved.
- Closing date - 9/6/17
- One entry per person/group
- You do not have to submit the completed outfit but you must submit the completed design (Hand drawn or digital is fine) by June 25th, 2017.
- All designs must be your own unique creation inspired by pop culture
- This event is not a cosplay event; designs of copyrighted materials will not be accepted. If you would like to participate in a cosplay event you can find out more here.
- You cannot enter this event and or any cosplay event with the same design
- Once your design has been accepted you cannot change your entry
- You need to have a valid Oz Comic-Con ticket to enter the event
- Oz Comic-Con does not supply hair or makeup services prior to the event; this must be done at the designer’s discretion.
- There are no storage facilities provided to entries of the event
- You will be required to create your design to put on show at the event
- Oz Comic-Con reserves the right to change these rules at any time